Kevin W. Kobza, Lieutenant/PIO
1 Bryant St.
Fairhaven, MA 02719
For Immediate Release
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Contact: Benjamin Paulin
Fairhaven Police Seize Guns, Drugs in Raid of Apartment
FAIRHAVEN — Lieutenant Kevin Kobza reports that the Fairhaven Police Department arrested an alleged drug dealer and seized two guns and a variety of narcotics during the execution of a search warrant on Monday, which came as the result of a Fairhaven Police investigation into drug activity in the community.
ELISEO RAMIREZ-ROSA JR., AGE 23, OF FAIRHAVEN was charged with:
- Trafficking Over 200 Grams of Cocaine
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Class B Drug (Suboxone)
- Possession of a Class A Drug (Heroin)
- Possession with Intent to Distribute a Class D Drug (Marijuana)
- Possession of a Firearm With a Defaced Serial Number
- Unlawful Possession of Ammunition
- Improper Storage of a Firearm (Two Counts)
- Unlawful Possession of a Loaded Firearm (Two Counts)
At approximately 12:30 p.m., on Monday, May 7, Fairhaven Police detectives executed a search warrant at an apartment at 415 Main St., with the assistance of the Bristol County Sheriff’s Office South Coast Anti-Crime Task Force.
The search warrant was applied for as part of an investigation into a drug dealing operation that was based out of the residence.
RAMIREZ-ROSA was the target of the investigation and he was arrested during a traffic stop on Monday as part of the investigation.
During the subsequent search of the apartment detectives seized:
- Over 350 Grams of Cocaine
- Over Three Grams of Heroin
- 25 Doses of Suboxone
- Two Loaded Handguns
- Over Two Pounds of Marijuana
- Over $2,500 in Cash
RAMIREZ-ROSA was booked at the Fairhaven Police station and was arraigned at Third District Court in New Bedford Tuesday morning. He was already out on bail for a previous incident, and his bail was revoked on that case.
These are allegations. All suspects are considered innocent until proven guilty.